Widyawan & Partners is known for its strength in advising on complex, large scale infrastructure projects in Indonesia.
For over 25 years we have been involved in many of the largest, most high-profile and “first of their kind” acquisitions, disposals, refinancings, and securitisations in the sector as well as being involved with major construction and operation projects in Indonesia.
We have advised on the establishment, joint operations and financing of airports, roads, seaports, bridges, subways and monorail, telecoms and water projects.
We provide a full range of specialist infrastructure legal services including:
- drafting and negotiating the full suite of contracting methods;
- negotiation and documentation of security interests;
- procurement and project development strategies;
- advice on contract administration, tendering processes, risk identification and risk allocation; and
- regulatory issues such as land relinquishment and environmental regulatory compliance.
We believe that we are exceptionally well placed to assist both sponsors and financial institutions alike in this market because we have in-depth sector expertise and the capability to harness our leading acquisition practice with the leading finance team.
This unique offering means that our clients can come to us for expert advice across the full lifecycle of an asset, something that the majority of our competitors simply cannot offer.
- Maspion International Container Port: advising DP World on the establishment of a joint venture between DP World and Maspion Group to develop a container terminal and industrial and logistics park in Gresik, East Java
- GMR Airports Limited: advising on the privatisation of Kualanamu International Airports located in Medan, North Sumatra province, through a proposed joint venture between GMR Airports Limited and PT Angkasa Pura II
- Cikopo -Palimanan (Cipali) toll road: advising CPPIB on its acquisition of a 45% stake in PT Lintas Marga Sedaya (LMS), the concession holder and operator of the Cipali toll road