Widyawan has been recognised as a leading lawyer in numerous legal guides, including Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific, Legal 500 and Who's Who Legal. He specialises in all aspects of energy, infrastructure and project financing in Indonesia, including power, toll roads, drinking water, ports and telecommunications. He has experience in advising on a variety of complex infrastructure projects involving electricity, oil and gas, general mining and geothermal in Indonesia and has assisted clients in numerous merger and acquisition, public offering and restructuring transactions.
Widyawan has led on many market-leading transactions. These include advising:
- Inpex Masela on the development and financing of its LNG project in Masela Block, Eastern Indonesia.
- a number of gas producers and sellers on transactions involving the sale and purchase of natural gas, LPG and LNG domestically as well as internationally
- BP Berau Ltd. and its partners on the development and financing of the award winning Tangguh LNG Plant in West Papua and its expansion Train 3
- Jawa 1 power project: development and financing of a 1,760MW combined cycle gas turbine power plant project in West Java
- Shell Indonesia on its downstream fuel storage, sale and retail and lube oil blending business
- International lenders on the financing of US$250m Unocal geothermal project in Gunung Salak, West Java
- the Government of Indonesia and Pertamina, on the review of the Sarulla project, which includes the drafting of a Joint Minister Regulation to finance this project. • a consortium comprising of Siemens AG, PowerGen Plc and their local partner to develop, finance, own and operate 2 x 610 MW coal fired power plant in Paiton, East Java
- Hutchison Whampoa on the acquisition and development of privatised Tanjung Priok container port
- the Government of Indonesia on negotiating 24 Stalled Toll Road Projects with the sponsors and related lenders, and drafting the Amended and Restated Toll Road Concession Agreement form
- Jakarta Water Concessions on advising PAM JAYA, Jakarta Government and Central Government on the preparation, negotiation and completion of a full-scale water concession agreements (from upstream and downstream) with Lyonnaise Des Eaux and Thames Water International.
Widyawan is a member of:
- PERADI (Indonesian Advocate Association)
- Asosiasi Konsultan Hukum Indonesia (AKHI) (Indonesian Bar Association for Legal Consultants)
- Himpunan Konsultan Hukum Pasar Modal (HKHPM) (Association of Capital Market Legal Consultants).
Widyawan is recognised for his energy & projects expertise and is ranked as “Senior Statespeople” by Chambers Asia Pacific 2022. He is also inducted into the “Hall of Fame” by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022. Widyawan is ranked as Indonesia’s Top 100 lawyers 2022 by Asia Business Law Journal.
Education and Qualifications
Widyawan studied law at the University of Indonesia.
He speaks fluent English and Bahasa.