“I advise clients on innovative and complex Indonesian corporate M&A transactions including cross-border transactions. I have on-the-ground experience and deep practical knowledge of the Indonesian regulatory landscape that enable me to offer technically sound guidance and commercially focused solutions in challenging situations.”
Teguh is an Indonesia-qualified corporate lawyer with more than 10 years’ experience advising corporates, and private equity and sovereign wealth funds on public and private M&A and JVs, with a particular focus on the financial services, TMT/digital economy and real estate sectors.
Teguh has led on many market-leading transactions. These include advising:
- Temasek (Fullerton Financial Holdings) on its US$4.56bn complex three-stage divestment to The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd (BTMU) of its 73.8% stake in Bank Danamon
- Bank Danamon on the sale, via a competitive auction process, of a controlling stake in Adira Insurance to Zurich, and the entering into of long-term distribution agreements by Adira Insurance with Bank Danamon and Adira Finance, respectively
- Hanwha Life on its proposed acquisition of controlling stakes in PT Lippo General Insurance Tbk
- UOB Asset Management on its acquisition of an Indonesian asset management company, PT PG Asset Management (now PT UOB Asset Management Indonesia)
- Indosat Ooredoo Hutchison on (i) its sale and lease back of 3,100 telecom towers to Protelindo and Mitratel, and (ii) its US$750m sale and leaseback of approximately 4,000 telecom towers to EdgePoint Infrastructure
- Ant Financial on its investments in (1) virtual credit card business, (2) an Indonesian group of companies engaging in the e-commerce, retail, and e-payment businesses, and (3) one of Indonesia’s leading marketplace platforms
- Bytedance/TikTok on its launch of new products and business operations in Indonesia, including advising on data privacy, payments, virtual items and e-commerce related aspects
- Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC) on its forward purchase transaction of a 47-storey office tower in Jakarta (Capital Place Office Tower) developed by Rajawali Group
- NWP Retail (the largest independent shopping center platform in Indonesia backed by Warburg Pincus) on its proposed acquisition a mixed-use development (mall and hotel) in Depok, West Java
- TPG Capital / Northstar Group on the Indonesian aspects of its acquisition of Greenfields Dairy Singapore from Japfa
Education and qualifications
Teguh studied law at the University of Indonesia.
He speaks fluent English and Bahasa.