Alan is a senior figure in the Indonesian oil and gas industry and has extensive domestic and international experience. He works closely with Indonesian regulators, state owned enterprises and foreign investors particularly in the energy industry.
Alan has led on many market-leading transactions. These include advising:
- Pertamina regarding new PSCs for expiring blocks (i.e. Mahakam, Sanga Sanga, East Kalimantan), including the transfer of operation from previous contractors to Pertamina
- Pertamina in relation to a joint venture with a foreign SOE for the upgrade of Cilacap oil refinery
- (as common counsel of) all of the East Kalimantan gas producers (among others: ENI, Chevron and Pertamina), PT Badak NGL and SKK Migas regarding a new Badak Gas/LNG Processing Agreement which will replace an agreement entered into in 1974, and contractual arrangement with the Ministry of Finance related to the utilization of Badak LNG Plant as a state-owned asset
- Inpex with respect to Masela PSC amendment/s and extension related to the development of the Abadi LNG Project
- Various oil companies in Indonesia regarding development of gas fields, marketing and domestic sales of gas
- Various foreign investors regarding the regulatory framework for LNG importation, storage, distribution and trading business in Indonesia
Education and qualifications
Alan studied law at University of Indonesia and has an LLM degree from Dedman School of Law, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas.
Alan holds a Peradi (Indonesian Bar Association) license and is a member of the Association of International Energy Negotiator (previously known as “AIPN”).
He speaks fluent English and Bahasa Indonesia.